The Nene Education Trust comprises 5 great academies located in East Northamptonshire. We are proud of our academies, students and staff and the communities they serve. Each academy has its own unique character, but we are united in passionately believing that all our young people should have the opportunity to develop character, be aspirational and achieve their goals.
We strongly believe in a collaborative approach, sharing educational and operational expertise and our geographical location makes this easier and truly possible. As partners in this Trust, we aim for all our academies to strive for excellence and benefit from strong leadership, innovative pedagogy and by sharing good practice and resources,
Working for Us
We have expectations and recognise that our staff are key to our success which is why we aim to recruit, develop and retain talented and highly skilled people that share our ethos and believe in our mission to develop character, raise aspirations celebrate achievement.
Health and wellbeing
The health and wellbeing of our staff are important to us. We firmly believe that healthy, happy staff make for a positive and productive workforce, a thriving and dynamic environment and engaged and achieving young people. Our approach to staff wellbeing continues to evolve as we look for ways to further enhance the working environment and wellbeing of our staff. We offer:
- 24/7 access to a free Employee Assistance Programme to provide confidential advice and guidance on any personal and/or work-related matter
- Free Mindfulness training with a qualified and experienced professional
- An open and collaborative working environment, not just within your academy but also across the Trust where innovation is encouraged
- Discounted gym membership
- Commitment to exploring ways to reduce email traffic and confine email replies to office hours – while recognising our employees preferences for when they work
- Commitment to continuously review workload issues and explore options for simpler, less onerous methods and processes.
We have a long track record of ‘growing our own’ and are committed to providing professional development opportunities for all staff. These include:
- Our in-house Leadership Pathways programme which offers bespoke training for middle and senior leaders.
- Access to Nationally Recognised Professional Qualifications and other external programmes including the Chartered Teacher Programme.
- Support (both financial and with study time) for other professional development programmes including MBAs and role specific qualifications including AAT.
- There are also opportunities for staff to experience secondments at other academies in the Trust, collaborate with colleagues and work on exciting projects across the organisation. These opportunities will become more abundant as the Trust grows.
The contribution our staff make to the organisation is highly valued and our Pay Policy provides for exceptional performance to be recognised and rewarded. Our teaching staff pay structure enables us to reward our exceptional teachers with rapid progression through the main pay spine.
Access for all staff to defined benefit occupational pension schemes.