Parent/Carer & Visitor Code of Conduct
At Windmill Primary School we are very fortunate to have very supportive and friendly parents/carers. Our parents/carers recognise that educating children is a process that involves a strong partnership between home and school and understand the importance of a good working relationship to equip children with the necessary skills for the next stage of education and adulthood. The purpose of this document is to provide a reminder to all parents/carers and visitors about their expected conduct so that we can work together to ensure a safe and positive school environment for our children.
RESPECT AND CONCERN FOR OTHERS AND THEIR RIGHTS
We expect all parents/carers and visitors to show respect and concern for others in the following ways:
- being supportive of the respectful ethos of our school by setting a good example in their own speech and behaviour towards all members of the school community;
- working together with teachers for the benefit of children. This includes approaching the school to resolve any issues of concern and to discuss and clarify specific events in order to bring about a positive solution;
- reinforcing the school’s policy on behaviour/conduct and rewards;
- parking with consideration and respect for others when delivering and collecting children from school.
In order to support a calm and safe school environment, the school will not accept:
- disruptive behaviour which interferes with the operation of a classroom, office area or any other part of the school grounds;
- using loud and/or offensive language or displaying anger or frustration towards members of our school community;
- threatening harm or the use of physical aggression towards another adult or child.
- damaging or destroying school property;
- issuing or partaking in abusive, threatening, malicious or inflammatory emails, phone or social network messages (see attached appendix);
- use of personal mobile phones, smoking and/or consumption of alcohol or other drugs or accessing the school site whilst intoxicated.
The above behaviours on school premises, or directed at a member of our community online, will be reported to the appropriate authorities, and Governors may prohibit an offending adult from entering the school grounds to safeguard our school community. We trust that all parents/carers and visitors will fully support this Code of Conduct.
Unfortunately, social media websites are being used increasingly by a significant few to fuel campaigns and complaints against schools, school staff, and in some cases other parents/pupils. Windmill Primary School considers the use of social media websites being used in this way as unacceptable, setting a bad example to our children and not in the best interests of the children or the whole school community.Any concerns about the school should be made through the appropriate channels by speaking to the Class Teacher, the Senior Leadership Team, Principal or the Chair of Governors, so they can be dealt with fairly, appropriately and effectively for all concerned.