Welcome to Windmill Primary School
On behalf of the pupils, staff, governors, and Nene Education Trust, I would like to extend a warm welcome to our school. I am incredibly proud to be the Principal of our school as every day I have the pleasure to work alongside passionate staff and children who are full of curiosity and enthusiasm.
Windmill Primary School is a warm and happy school with well-being at the heart. All children are challenged, nurtured, and inspired to achieve highly and make a positive contribution to society. We expect our teachers to lead by example; inspiring our young people to learn through a rich curriculum and the experiences we create for them inside and outside the classroom. I take great pride in leading the school and supporting your child in their continued learning journey.
For all pupils, regardless of ability, to achieve their full potential, to prepare for future life and to become lifelong learners. This will be achieved through an inclusive, ambitious, and engaging curriculum enhanced through a wide range of enrichment opportunities.
We have an unrelenting focus on every child as an individual. Our drive to secure the best Environment, Culture and Ethos within our school and curriculum here at Windmill provides the foundation for our success. Getting the environment right for the children to learn, flourish and be successful as individuals, promoting a culture of ambition, respect and resilience and pushing an ethos of success, celebration, and overall awesomeness
All the above is underpinned by our School Values:
- Ambition - Having a strong desire for success and aiming high to achieve what you want
- Courage - Being brave as you meet new experiences or difficult situations
- Resilience - Being able to face challenges again and again and never giving up
- Compassion - To care about others and want to help in a situation to make somebody feel happier
- Honesty - Telling the truth no matter what consequences you may face
- Respect - Being able to act in a way that shows you care about other’s feelings and well-being. You can have respect for others, and you can have respect for yourself.
- Responsibility - Looking after yourselves, your property, and others. Behaving in a way that supports your learning.
- Unity - Working together as one
For all the very latest news, events, calendar dates and further information about our school, please visit other pages on this website, and don’t forget to follow our Twitter account. @WindmillRaunds. The best way to find out about our school is to come and see for yourself. Our doors are always open, and we would be delighted to share our experience and time with you.
Mr. Rhys Penny